Adobe and Earthen Floors
Earthen floors are an ancient type of floor and they are experiencing a renaissance. From These Hands has worded with earthen floors since 2000. Born of this experience, Sukita has developed a ready mix line of earthen floors called Claylin. From These Hands is proud to be a certified Claylin installer. We are also available to work with clients that want to use materials from their own site.
Claylin, a green product, maybe even brown!
From These Hands, LLC
- Can be installed on grade and on a framed floor or concrete slab.
- Can be installed into new and remodel construction.
- Can be poured around radiant heating systems (electric and hydronic)..
- Has a slight give that is kind to the body.
- Can be designed to use in passive solar designs.
- As a 1" finish Claylin costs start at $9/sq.ft. to install. Design, thickness, access, color are some of the price factors. Contact us now for a free estimate.
- LEED credits for MR2-Construction Waste, MR3 Material Reuse, MR4.1 Recycled Content, MR5 Regional Material.
- Takes 3-8 weeks to from start to finish.
- 1 year warranty with the option to buy a 10 year service warranty.
- We have walked on 30 year old beautiful earthen floors, like leather they will last with care, and they are easy to love.
- Consults with architects, contractors, real estate agents and home owners for the best design details, construction schedule and added values to a home.
- Contracts to install Claylin floors into new and remodel projects.
- Works with home owners to use on site materials to create their own earthen floor.
Thank you to Alan S. Weiner for contribution of certain images. | Portland web design
by Watermelon Web Works, LLC